Your home is one of the biggest purchases you’ll ever make. It’s not just an investment – it’s the safe place of your family’s everyday life. With comprehensive homeowner’s insurance, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing your home and its contents are protected from disasters. Start comparing today and get a free instant Home, Condo, or Renters quote through our website!
What does Homeowners Insurance cover?
A homeowner’s policy is not a one-size-fits-all. A typical policy comes with certain coverages, but it’s usually customized to tail to each individual homeowner’s unique needs. We explain some insurance terms so you can better understand your policy.
- Dwelling – covers structure of the home and other structures attached to it (garage or deck) against certain risks, such as fire, lightning, windstorm, falling objects, etc.)
- Replacement Cost – if your home or other covered structures suffer a loss, this coverage pays to replace or repair the damaged structure without regard to limit of liability
- Other Structures – covers property separate from your home, such as a detached garage, tool shed or fence
- Personal Property – covers personal belongings within your home in the event of a covered risk, such as furniture, clothing, television, etc. Extended coverage for valuable items like jewelry is an optional coverage.
- Liability Protection – protects you from lawsuits that may arise from someone being injured on your property
How can I save on my auto policy?
We want to provide great service at a great value. In addition to our competitive rates, you could save even more with discounts based on your combined insurance policies, vehicles, and more. Here’s a list of various discounts available for our policyholders:
Auto + Home
- Save up to 15% on your auto and up to 20% on your home
Auto + Condo
- Save up to 12% on your auto and up to 20% on your condo
Auto + Renters
- Save up to 4% on your auto and up to 10% on your renters
- Save up to 9% with one or more approved and maintained devices (burglar alarm, fire alarm, sprinklers, etc.)
- Save up to 12% when at least one insured is 50+ years old
Age of Home
- Save up to 37% depending on the year your home was built
- Save up to 21% if your home has been re-piped or received epoxy treatment
- Save up to 13% with select fire-resistant roofing
- Save up to 10% if you have continuous home insurance with the same carrier for at least one year
Have a claim? Don't worry.
You can contact us to report a claim and a representative will guide you through the process.
We understand that submitting a claim can be confusing, and that’s why we’re here to assist you along the way. Here are a few helpful steps you should take before contacting us:
- Contact Necessary Authorities
- File a police report if you believe a crime was committed. Notify your bank and credit card company if needed.
- Record your expenses.
- Keep any invoices and take photographs of any temporary repairs were done to your property.
- Be cautious.
- If another party presents you with a claim, do not commit to expense beyond emergency first aid.
- Report your claim.
More Personal Insurance
Home Claims FAQs
Most customers aren’t aware of what is and isn’t covered on a homeowner’s policy. We’re here to ensure you know exactly what you’re paying for.
What information should I provide when reporting a property claim?
- Date and cause of loss
- Inventory of damaged property
- For theft claims, were the police contacted? What is the police report number?
- For injury claims, names and contact information of injured person(s) and witnesses
Should I wait to file a claim if I don’t have all of the information above?
We recommend reporting your claim as soon as possible so we can inspect the damaged property and investigate your claim. You can provide updates to your claims adjustor during the process.
Do I need to contact the police?
Yes, if you believe a crime was committed.
What if I need to make temporary repairs, such as repairing a broken pipe?
Make temporary repairs if needed to avoid more damage. Make sure to photograph the affected area before, during, and after. Also remember to keep receipts for temporary repairs and save the original parts that were fixed if possible.
Will my claim be covered?
Each situation is unique and will need to be reviewed by the claims department. Our agents will explain your policy coverage, investigate your loss, and answer your questions. We may not know if your loss is covered until a claims investigation is completed.
If someone is injured on my property and files a claim, am I liable?
The claims adjustor will investigate to determine if you are legally liable for damages.
What should I do if my home is not livable after a loss?
Report your claim immediately. Additional living expenses are provided for covered losses in the event your home is unlivable.
Will my premium increase because of this claim?
A claim may cause an increase in your next renewal premium. There are multiple underwriting factors in determining future premium rate changes, such as type, cause, brush fire area, and frequency of losses.
Will my policy cover sewer back-up?
A typical policy will not cover sewer back-up unless you ask for a special endorsement.
Are damages caused by surface water covered?
Damages caused by surface water or water that flows below the surface of the ground aren’t usually covered.
Are Flood and Earthquake insurances included in the standard homeowner’s policy?
A standard homeowner’s policy does not include Flood or Earthquake insurance. You may purchase these policies separately.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost on your policy?
There’s a difference between actual cash value and replacement cost on your policy. For example, if you installed a home theater for $1,000, it may now only be worth $500 due to depreciation. Thus, you’ll only receive the adjusted value on a claim. Replacement cost covers the total replacement value of your home theater ($1,000), not its market value.
Get A Free Auto Insurance Quote
Please fill out the form below to get a free auto insurance quote. If you’d rather do this over the phone or in person feel free to contact us directly.