It’s important to re-evaluate your current auto insurance plan to ensure you have the right coverage at the lowest cost. Get your free instant auto quote through our website and save today!
What does an Auto Policy cover?
Understanding the language of auto insurance can be tricky. We break it down so you can choose what you need and how much.
- Bodily Injury Liability – covers injuries to others injured in an accident you caused.
- Property Damage Liability – covers damages caused to the other person’s property
- Uninsured Motorist Protection – covers your medical payments in the event of a collision with an uninsured driver
- Comprehensive – if your car is damaged by anything other than windshield damage, fire, theft, vandalism, flood and deer.
- Collision – provides compensation for a collision with another vehicle or object
- Medical Payments – provides compensation if you need to pay for an injury for yourself or passenger
How can I save on my auto policy?
- Auto + Home
- Save up to 15% on your auto and up to 20% on your home
- Auto + Condo
- Save up to 12% on your auto and up to 20% on your condo
- Auto + Renters
- Save up to 4% on your auto and up to 10% on your renters
Auto Policy Discounts
- Save up to 27% on select coverage when you insure two or more vehicles
- Select Professionals/Alumni Association
- Save up to 7% for qualifying professions
- Save up to 5% with at least one year of continuous auto insurance with the same carrier
Vehicle & Driver Discounts
- Good Driver
- Save up to 20% for drivers without an at-fault accident or DUI for at least five years
- Verified Mileage
- Save up to 19% (depending on vehicle’s annual mileage) for providing current odometer readings when requested
- Student Away
- Save up to 40% on select coverage when your driver-age student is away at school 100+ miles away from home without a vehicle
- Good Student
- Save up to 14% on select coverage for high school or college students (under age 25) with at least 3.0 grade point average
- Driver Training
- Save up to 4% on select coverage upon completion of an approved course
Have a claim? Don't worry.
You can contact us to report a claim and a representative will guide you through the process.
We understand that submitting a claim can be confusing, and that’s why we’re here to assist you along the way. Here are a few helpful steps you should take before contacting us:
- Call 911.
- Get medical attention for anyone who has been injured, and discuss the incident with police only.
- Get essential information.
- Date and time of crash
- Cross streets and city where crash happened
- Police report information, if any (officer name, badge number, report number)
- Other party’s name, address, driver’s license number, insurance ID card, policy number
- Involved vehicle’s license plate number, make/model of vehicle, color of vehicle, number of passengers
- Witness and description of damage, if possible
- Exchange contact information with drivers and passengers from all involved vehicles, as well as witnesses
- Report you claim.
- Contact our office and a representative will be in touch to guide you through the process.
More Personal Insurance
Auto Claims FAQs
What is the claims process?
Here are the key steps to how we’ll handle your claim:
- Gather facts of the accident to determine responsibility
- Explain coverage and benefits of your policy
- Arrange repairs if your policy affords coverage
- Coordinate a tow to your shop preference (or assigned shop) if your vehicle is not drivable if your policy includes tow
A claims representative will assist you throughout the entire claims process.
What if my vehicle is declared a total loss?
A detailed valuation report will be generated based on the fair market value of your car. Your vehicle’s special options, trim, mileage, and interior/exterior conditions may be considered.
If your car is financed, we will need the contact information for your lien holder including the account number so that we can obtain a payoff amount.
Do I need to speak to the other insurance carrier?
The other insurance carrier may request your information, which is a normal part of the claims process. You will need to communicate with the other carrier if you are seeking damages outside your policy with us.
Will my deductible apply?
Every claim is initially subject to a deductible. The deductible only applies to your insured vehicle and is payable to the repair shop or will be deducted from the total loss settlement.
Will my premium go up because of the crash?
Your premium rate will increase if you are found to be primarily responsible for the crash. Any applicable increase will go into effect once your policy renews and will be in effect for the next three years.
Get A Free Auto Insurance Quote
Please fill out the form below to get a free auto insurance quote. If you’d rather do this over the phone or in person feel free to contact us directly.